Thursday, August 15, 2013

Day 14: Trash




Ba-SUUURR-a! That's one line that sticks with me to this very day. If you don't know where it's from, go pick up a copy of La Bamba and find out. It's a good movie as well so watch the whole thing.

Anyway, today's prompt is exactly that, basura, or for you 'Murrcan speaking folk, trash. On my run I was extra observant of the ground, noticed that the track was actually splitting on some cracks where it had been previously paved over, grass was growing from those cracks, the grass away from the path needs to be watered, some dog poop from the stray dogs that run around, the way the ducks waddle around trying to find the best shady spot under the tress, but surprisingly, not much trash. Yes there was a wrapper or a straw here & there, but nothing more than that and those were even few and far between. So then I started to wonder, where IS all the trash?! Thankfully, I noticed that and every 1/10 mile marker, there was not only a trash bin, but a recycle bin as well.  Oh seeing this made me ecstatic!!! Not just the fact that they are provided for everyone to use, but that they are actually being utilized and the park is a better place because of it.

Anyway, it is late and I have to be at work at 8am, so here is tonight's prompt, day14, trash.


No comments:

Post a Comment