Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Day 7: A Sign



"I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes I saw the sign.
Life is demanding, without understanding.
I saw the sign, and it opened up my eyes, I saw the sign.
No one's gonna drag you up to get into the light where you belong.
But where do you belong?"
-Ace of Base "The Sign"

If you don't know this song or this band I feel sorry for you son. I got 99 problems but 90's music ain't one.

Enough of that, this isn't throwback Thursday just yet. It is Day 7 tho. And day 7 is a sign. Now I was a bit of an over achiever on this one cuz I took pictures of 3 different signs today and they all are relevant to my run. They represent 3 things I think of when I get up in the morning with the intention to go running. Rebel: I do this as a way to get away from the ordinary things that have become the norm in my life. Goal: My goal is to run the entire way around the track. It's ultimately twice around, but at the end of the month, I'll be happy with once around. And finally, Reward: today I celebrated a whole week of running and posting by treating myself to something good so I went to Chichio Boys Fruit Market and got some apples, grapes, strawberries, and plums to enjoy. I also got a ginormous watermelon for my family and I. But buying fruit is not the reward I'm talking about. Ultimately, my reward is the feeling of satisfaction I will get once this month is completed. Even if I don't reach my goal, I know that I at least made the effort to change a part of my life I wasn't happy with. Plus there's always September to continue working towards my goal.

Tonight I present not just "a sign" but "three signs" that describe this month. Here is Rebel, Goal, and Reward.


No comments:

Post a Comment